Billing & Insurance

Information regarding payment for our services

Anesthesia Associates of Lancaster is a private group practice who provides dedicated anesthesia services at Lancaster General Hospital, Women and Babies Hospital, Suburban Outpatient Pavilion, Physicians Surgery Center - Lancaster General and OSS Health.

As such, our physicians are responsible for all of your anesthesia needs while you are a patient at any of these facilities.

Anesthesia Billing

Our fee is based on several factors including the nature of the procedure and the time involved for your care. The billing guidelines of the American Society of Anesthesiologists are strictly followed and adhered to.

The facility will charge you separately for anesthetic medicines, gases, their use of monitoring equipment and disposable equipment. Penn Medicine will bill you for the services of a CRNA, if one is used at the Lancaster General locations.

A statement for our services is mailed by us sometime after your surgery. Bills are considered past due 45 days after the date of the service. If you have a question or if you may have difficulty paying your bill, please contact our Billing Office weekdays between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at 800-480-1819

Insurance Participation

As of January 1, 2018, we are participating with the following medical insurance plans:

  • Aetna (Signature and Administrators networks)
  • Aetna Better Health (MA HMO)
  • Aetna - HealthAmerica/HealthAssurance (includes: Coventry & Value Options)
    • Advantra Freedom
    • Advantra Gold
  • Amerihealth Caritas (MA HMO)
  • Capital Advantage
  • Capital Blue Cross PPO Commercial Products
  • Cigna
  • Eliance Preferred Network
  • Freedom Blue
  • EHP
  • Gateway (MA HMO)
  • Healthy PA (MA thru PHC)
  • Highmark Blue Shield (includes: Gettysburg & Amerihealth Administrators)
  • Independence Blue Cross
  • Keystone East/Keystone East 65
  • Keystone Mercy Health (MA HMO)
  • Medicare – Part B (Novitas)
  • NCAS
  • PA - Department of Human Services
  • PHC (Preferred Health Care)
  • PPHN (thru PHC)
  • RR Medicare
  • South Central Preferred
  • Teamsters
  • United Healthcare Community Health (formerly Unison Three Rivers)
  • UPMC (PHC MA HMO)
  • Tricare
  • Unity (PHC)
  • Veterans Choice Program

Participation with Medicare

Our providers accept assignment from all patients on Medicare. Once we file your claim, Medicare reimburses us approximately 80% of the amount they consider reasonable for our services. The remaining 20% is your responsibility. We will bill you and/or your co-insurance for this remaining balance.

Please note: We do not have a separate contract for each and every Medicare HMO, however, we do accept their reimbursement when it is paid at the Medicare rate. (99.9% of surgeries are paid at the Medicare rate).

We Look Forward to Helping You

For more information about billing or insurance matters, please contact our Billing Office at 800-480-1819.